Tuesday, January 22, 2008

An animators Brain

As animators, we are constantly thinking about work. We are thinking about eye blinks, and human behavior. We are thinking about the shot that you will be animating in a week. Our animation mind doesn't shut off. You need to have something to get away from work. You need some sort of outlet to stay sane :D Personally, I think hobbies are the best way to keep your mind fresh. I enjoy playing video games and brewing beer. I also like watching movies and carpentry. If I didn't have these things to get me away from animation, I don't know if I would be able to focus. I'm currently playing Guitar Hero III, The orange box and sometimes rockband on the Xbox 360. I'm also playing Zelda:Phantom hourglass on the DS. These things let me turn off the thinking cap and just enjoy life for a moment. This is not to say that animation is in any way bad. I love animation but as an animator you know that you need to take a break sometimes. Lesson of the day: Take a break. Your mind needs a rest too.

4 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Very true man! Plus life's to short to be working ALL the time...although sometimes easier said then done..

Hows work going??

Hope all is well.

Dan

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Mentalray said...

Hey Dan! Work's going really good. Super crazy busy which made me realize i needed to take a break once and a while :)It's looking amazing so far and I can't wait to see this thing lit. Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Kimotion said...

Phantom Hourglass was awesome! I got so addicted to it. There were some puzzles that really made me feel dumb.

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Mentalray said...

haha yeah. I'm still working on it. I kinda just started and only have a few hours in on it. Hopefully I can get time to play :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home