Monday, December 17, 2007

**** Added Quicktime Eye eye captain! ***

clever aint eye? Okay.... enough crap. I was watching a movie the other day and decided to go into animation mode. I began studying the performance of Al Pacino and how he gestures and reacts to the other actors. I really began studying the eyes of the other actors. If you really watch closely, you will notice some awesome things that we naturally do. Here is a quick test I did using the eyes.

http://www.raymondross.com/eye.avi


** Quicktime http://www.raymondross.com/eye.mov

** I basically used Quicktime to convert the avi. Unfortunately it probably dropped frames but you can still get the idea. **



If you notice the lids follow the pupil. This is important and many times forgotten. Many people will just move the pupils but not lids when doing eye darts. Also notice the overshoot in the eyes on the first look. This is something I really noticed a ton. I thought this was kinda neat. When quickly looking to the side without blinking, I noticed an overshoot that happens with the top lids. Thought I would share this cool bit of eye info. Enjoy.

4 Comments:

At 8:12 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Very cool Ray and congrats on the new gig! Any chance you can post a quicktime of the avi, so those of us interested can scrub through it frame by frame?

Very interesting post...

Happy Holidays

Dan

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger Mentalray said...

Hey thanks Dan. I will change that avi file to a mov for ya. Should be up asap.

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Awesome!

Thanks

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Really subtle....very nice...
thanks for sharing!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home