Thursday, March 27, 2008

Don't buy from here

So this is a non animation related post about a company called SMKSuperStore. I recently purchased a ton of computer parts from them to make a new machine to work at home. I wanted to build a serious machine so that I don't have to buy another one for a few years. I've bought parts from them many times before and had a great experience. Not this time..... I bought a very expensive video card (with the rest of the computer parts) and guess what?? They apparently didn't have it in stock so they replaced it with a cheaper, lower end card and charged the same!! I call them back and they said, "let me talk to my supervisor and maybe we can buy it from an outside vendor and send it to you..." I'm like ok fine whatever. My wife calls back because they didn't call us and the women said their was nothing she could do. Nothing she could do? No apology, no discount on an even more expensive card? I almost send it all back but decided to keep everything but the video card. I needed it badly for a long 20sec shot I'm working on. Long shots like that require a powerful computer to handle all those keys. I was able to find an even better card then what I purchased for a bit cheaper from tigerdirect. Lesson here is, DONT BUY FROM SMKSUPERSTORE.COM They are sneaky people. They didn't call me to ask if it was ok to substitute the card that I wanted. They also charged me more for the crappier card they put in the case! Everything else was at a great price. The video cards were more expensive from SMK but I thought they were good people. For all the money I spent, they should've given me a video card for free. It's cool and now everything is fine but I wanted the very few people that read this or accidently read this NOT to buy from them. Word up.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM , Anonymous Dr Doc (dlcs) said...

so sorry to hear that a fellow artist got ripped off. I hope you have better luck in the future. I was so looking forward to viewing your arts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home